New age learning
Learning never goes out of age or out of fashion.As the world progresses and advances each day, new discoveries are made each day and inventions happen every moment across the globe. To keep up with the changing pace and speed of the world n every field internet has made a big contribution. Any news, change, discovery, invention, natural impact and disaster in part of the world are shared with the people across the globe. The internet and the World Wide Web have revolutionized our communication channels and added to the endless flow of information across the globe. They have taken knowledge, thesis, research and endless data from the archives of the libraries and made them available to people globally.
Internet and the learning
With the coming of age of Internet, many things have changed. There is easier, faster and smarter access to information for everyone involved. Community learning and online classroom services have made education accessible to all and changed the face of literacy rates in limited but places across the globe. People, organizations, enterprises, businesses and professionals are using Internet to garner support for their research, thesis, and dissertations or even conduct online surveys in a smarter and more structured way.
Why are people shifting to internet as a medium for learning and sharing?
Internet is like an endless channel with flow of information and data that can be used by anyone with access to internet services. Internet services are highly cost effective and with computers, reaching the remote corners anyone can use it. Government is making sure that the schools have computers with internet access so that children can use it to their advantage and learn more.
· Cost effective
· Does not need storage space such as a library
· Accessible to anyone with a computer
· Ability to connect from anywhere across the globe
· Easier to compile results and tests for a survey, test
· Sharing of information of data is mostly free
· Community websites are pushing for societal change
· Socially responsible organizations are helping many backward societies with access to learning and computers to aid a better society.
· Faster reach and more people can be connected at the same time over a virtual medium to impart learning like a classroom setting
With the changing world, scenario and need for a smarter, educated and learned universe people are coming together like never before and leveraging the power of internet to change the world. Many out there are making an effort a small step at a time to use the immense power of internet to change the world and make it a better place for all.