Many of us are aware of online learning. At one point of time, we have all done an online training of finished a course that was mandatory part of any of our job requirements or educational qualifications. Online learning and community learning on web are coming of age. Many websites are built, designed and developed today with the aim of promoting smarter, interactive and more engaging online learning modules for study. These websites also aim to involve volunteers willing to share their knowledge with those who need it and contribute to the stage of world education.
What can you, as a tutor or volunteer, do?
Many e-learning websites aim at community learning for people who want to enhance their education or acquire a degree to grow further in life but lack the actual time to make it to school or college every day. Also, there are many college, universities and coaching centers which have their own online learning modules and always on lookout for good tutors to assist the students virtually as and when the need arises. One can enroll with all such websites to be enlisted as a tutor and contribute. After the required credentials submitted by you are verified, you will be taken on board.
Alternately, many websites facilitate learning. As a tutor/instructor/ professor one can create an account and share notes, presentations, learning materials, latest information on tests and assignment due dates online. Students can submit their assignments and projects online and ask questions, join learning communities and share their knowledge, clear their doubts. Also, some websites enable the students to have a tutor help them virtually with their learning at very nominal charges. This enables you as a tutor earn as well as contribute to a better world and cause.
What can you learn and gain from online learning and becoming a tutor?
Being a tutor needs a lot of skill and also amounts to a lot of effort to understand each student's learning needs, pace and requirements.
- By working with students online, one can enhance these skills and learn about new cultures
- No geographical boundaries exist which allows you to connect with students at a global level
- One can build online communities to learn and grow, by asking questions and contributing, and acquire newer skills as well
- Save on travel costs and time taken to reach students. Allows you to connect with more students, increase your productivity
- Develop your inter-cultural communication skills and knowledge
- Become more effective and efficient with document management, knowledge sharing and student data management as well
Online learning is opening many avenues for everyone involved and helping the students and community to grow at large by facilitating their learning in an easy and affordable manner and provide earning opportunities to tutors in comfort of their homes.