Everyone likes to travel at popular travel places of the world. Whenever you are planning to go any travel place to spend your holidays, you are surely searching about that place and history, popularity, local attraction etc. for preparation before the visit. So here I have some mystery information for the travel lover and for those people who never want to be miss new things about travel places.
Here are unknown facts about travel places that you would like to know and it will help you to improve your travel knowledge.
1. At the convergence of the rivers Ganga and Yamuna lies one of the most sacred and holy sites for Hindus in Allahabad. In folklore it is known as Treveni Sangham because the mythical Saraswati is believed to flow beneath the surface and meets up with the Ganga and Yamuni rivers.
2. Did you know that the neck tie originated from Croatia and is known as the cravat, derived from the word “Croat”?
3. Italy is the most earthquake prone country in Europe and has three active volcanoes.
4. Sheffield in Northern England is renowned for steel cutlery and silver but it was also home to many breweries serving all varieties of ale.
5. Many Argentines find it so expensive to holiday in Argentina that they fly thousands of miles looking for cheaper alternatives such as the USA!
6. “All roads lead to Rome” is a popular saying, but Rome did not get paved roads first that honour goes to the city of Florence in 1339 making it the first city in the whole of Europe to have paved roads.
7. Strange but true, restaurants in Denmark cannot charge its patrons for drinking water unless you order an accompaniment to go with it such as lemon or ice.
8. Did you know that the most popular beverage in Azerbaijan is tea, which is drunk in popular tea houses known as “Chaikhanas”?
9. Many centuries ago the spinning of silk was a Chinese secret and the penalty for disclosing this secret was death.
10. Oxford University dates back to the 13th century with no less than 39 independent colleges, these colleges remained the bastion of males only until 1878 when women were first admitted but they had to wait until 1920 to be awarded degrees. The last all male establishments did not become co-ed until as recently as 1974.
Well these are the travel places info but if you want to visit one of them then I have a good site for you as a
www.tazoff.com where you can book your stay in the UK and USA Hotels. Make Fascinate a your holidays !!!!!